This book helps pet owners fully understand what it means to care for a companion animal, from choosing a pet to veterinary visits and beyond.
- Contains contributions from 13 nationally-recognized veterinarians who are board-certified in their respective fields
- Includes a bibliography with most chapters
- Includes a resource list of additional information organized by topic and type of animal
- Provides sidebars and tables offering quick reference info on health and disease in pets
- Serves as a ready reference for pet owners as well as a text for high school and college students focused on veterinary medicine and animal science and health
** Free E-book to download. Not for resale